Hello, everyone~ How are you?
Today we are doing a new tag in a different format! I’m not quite sure who created so if you know, please tell me below so I can credit!
Now prewarning, I was feeling just a tad sassy while writing this so please do not take offence!
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
This sounds terrible but I either choose the shortest novel with the most fascinating blurb, or the shortest novel with the prettiest cover. This is usually done in the genre I’m most in the mood for, but sometimes I choose based purely on length.
2. You’re halfway through a book, and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
If I am halfway through, I’ll definitely push through and read to the end. Just so I can give it a terrible review and rant about why I hated it. Otherwise, if I’m just past the beginning or at the beginning I’ll put it down.
3. The end of the year is coming, and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
You mean my situation right now? I had a goal of 25 novels this year and have only reached 11.
Which is quite sad as it is November 10th as I am writing this (I’m just realising this post is going up on the 27th of November. Writing is advance- whoop whoop!)
However, now that I’m realising I’m ending the year I’ll probably start trying to smash them out again, but most definitely won’t reach my goal. At least I’m realistic though!
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Sarah J. Maas why do you do this. Your novels were gorgeous, stunning even, and then Tower of Dawn came along and you ruined it. You tainted the sacredness of those blessed novels. I will never forgive. I will never forget.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Uhm? I force everyone to love- or pretend to love- by ranting and raving about it until they crack. Silly question really.
6. You’re reading a book in public, and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I don’t usually read in public, but if I want to cry- who is going to stop me?
I say this while knowing deep down my anxiety would actually prevent me from crying in public and around people. Oh anxieties, you sweet liar.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to re-read it?
No. I don’t like re-reading novels. I am facing this issue (the question) right now though with quite a few novels. I think though I might just push through it and hope the novel will connect the dots as I go through it. Besides, if I didn’t remember that much of a novel, I probably didn’t enjoy it and wouldn’t buy the sequel.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
“No, but here are the directions to a library-”
“No, I just got it.”
“No, I don’t want it ruined.”
“No, I don’t trust you.”
“No, but good try.”
I don’t know? I’m not good at turning someone politely down. I just can’t comprehend why you can’t just be blunt with someone, so I probably wouldn’t use my answers in real life.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
Argh, the story of my life, honestly. Usually, I just choose a small book and force my way through it, like any random genre- even if it doesn’t seem interesting. I’ll usually schedule reading it with one to five chapters a day before I start to enjoy it, or if I finish it.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Mate, I am broke. I don’t care if I have nothing to read, if I don’t have the money, I won’t buy a thing.
Plus, I’m super stingy with my mother and will plan months in advance when I will buy certain things so I don’t run out of money. I’m super frugal too, so I usually buy super cheap books or books on sale.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read, how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Usually, I’ll smash through them quickly if I buy 1-2 but if I buy more I’ll end up not reading them and they’ll just sit there until I run out of novels or give them away to OP shops or donations.
Honestly, I’m super predictable like that. I have to have a small ‘current read’ amount or else I won’t get around to it.
Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed. Today was a quick and simple one as this is only one of two tags I’ve completed this month so I wanted to give you the content you love~ Just kidding- I love.
Like always, if you have any answers you’d like to provide or any tags you want me to do, feel free to comment down below. If that doesn’t work for you I will tag my Instagram and Twitter where you can comment there. See you in the next post!